Breast Implant Revision
Breast augmentation can help women look more feminine and feel more confident. And in general, most women are happy with the results of their breast enlargement for many years. However, breast implants are medical devices, and they may need to be replaced after several years. Women who are unhappy with their breast augmentation may require a second surgery to achieve their original vision. Crystal Clinic Plastic Surgeons in Akron, OH perform breast implant revisions and can help womens look and feel their best again.
Reasons for Breast Implant Revision
There are several reasons why women come to Crystal Clinic Plastic Surgeons for breast implant revision.
- Patients have experienced capsular contracture, a condition that sometimes follows breast augmentation. Capsular contracture causes the scar tissue that forms around the implant to become unusually hard and tight, squeezing the implant.
- Patients were not pleased with the results of their original breast augmentation – often because of asymmetry or other conditions – and would like to see improvement.
- Breast implants do not last forever. Sometimes, saline or silicone implants will rupture and will need to be replaced.
- Patients feel that their breasts are not as youthful-looking as they’d like and are interested in a breast lift. For more complete breast enhancement, Ohio women often choose to alter their breast implants as part of their breast lift.
For several years, the FDA restricted the use of silicone implants, making saline implants the only option for breast augmentation. Now that advanced silicone gel implants are widely available, some women decide to have a second surgery to replace their old saline implants with silicone.
- The benefits of silicone: a more natural look and feel; less rippling or wrinkling.
- The benefits of saline: if the implant ruptures, it will be noticed immediately; in the event of a rupture, the saline solution will be harmlessly absorbed by your body.
Ultimately, the choice of implant material is based on personal preference and individual needs. However, women with saline implants should be aware of their options for implant replacement.
Benefits of Breast Implant Revision
We believe that breast augmentation in Akron, Ohio should improve the lives of women. It requires a commitment in both time and money. For this commitment, women should get the beautiful, natural-looking results they desire. When that isn’t the case, revision surgery should be seriously considered. Revision can improve self-confidence and provide welcome relief from the embarrassment of visibly bad results.
The Revision Procedure
When it comes to breast implant revision, each patient is different. Factors such as scar tissue, ruptured implants, and stretched skin can complicate the procedure, making it even more challenging than the original breast augmentation. For this reason, choosing a skilled Akron, Ohio surgeon is of great importance. Our doctors have the skill and experience to develop a treatment plan based on your unique needs, will explain the procedure thoroughly, and will perform it safely for optimal results.